This is a fantastically varied session which will leave you amazed at how your skills have developed through the Bushcraft Day.
The instructors you will meet on your Bushcraft Day have over ten years of experience each. You couldn’t be in better hands.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build a reliable fire using different techniques like flint and steel, rubbing sticks and bow drills.
- Discover how to make a fire for cooking and how to keep your fire burning overnight.
- Identify where to find dry wood even in the rain.
- Make your own Para Chord Survival Bracelets.
- Learn knife skills and whittle or carve your own tools.
- Construct a waterproof shelter from the vegetation around you.
- Learn the correct knots for different situations.
- Hang a hammock.
- Find water then filter and purify it for drinking.
The exact content depends on the season, weather conditions and your interests! So if you want to make a shelter that can withstand a hurricane instead of fashioning your own survival bracelet, then that’s fine. We will discuss everyone’s preferences at the start of the activity and as a result we can tailor a day that is perfect for everyone.
- 2 April 2018 (Bank Holiday Monday – free Easter egg hunt included)
- 15 April 2018 Sunday
- 7 May 2018 (Bank Holiday Monday)
- 20 May 2018 (Sunday)
- 3 June 2018 (Sunday)
- 24 June 2018 (Sunday)
- 8 July 2018 (Sunday)
- 27 July 2018 (Friday)
Time: 10:00 – 16:00
Minimum Age: 8
Finally for young people who would rather spread out the experience, you could try our after school bushcraft clubs:
As a result you will find these activities are great for people who like to stay active regularly. This is because you will have the chance to learn all of the skills mentioned above but spread out to one session per week.